3 Impacts & 3 Results of Nuclear War: When It Happens “Over There” It Happens Here Too July 18 2014
Pray for Peace in Every Hometown
For the first time ever, scientists have taken 2 models & combined them to show a global view of what a regional nuclear war could do if it involved 100 nuclear weapons (17000 Nukes exist now).
After 20-50% of our ozone is blown away:
- Drop in surface temperature
- Super heating of the stratosphere
- Blasting up of 500 Tg of black carbon into the air for 8.7 years (Tetra gram = 1 Golden Gate Bridge)
- Coldest temperatures in 1000 years.
- A global nuclear food crisis
- Increased exposure to nuclear radiation & fallout related cancers*
Read more here:
“Multidecadal global cooling and unprecedented ozone loss following a regional nuclear conflict”, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2013EF000205/full
*This was not mentioned in the study but the CTBTO link below. These diseases include leukemia & cancer of the thyroid, lung and breast that can take up to 40 years to develop.