#SpirtMeme An internet Installation at Unity.Gallery August 23 2014
Here is an intesting piece on art as a mirror of ourselves and our values - an idea Unity.Gallery hopes to promote: http://www.npr.org/blogs/13.7/2014/07/11/330746330/the-world-looked-better-through-anne-hollanders-eyes
Join us here: http://www.unity.gallery
The 2014 SoNo Arts Celebration 8/16-17 & #SeaTrashTransform : Beach Cleanup 9/27 August 12 2014 1 Comment
Lots of things going on this week including the kick off of a beach clean up with Unity.Gallery & the SONO Arts Celebration this weekend.
Pray for Peace in Every Hometown
For the first time ever, scientists have taken 2 models & combined them to show a global view of what a regional nuclear war could do if it involved 100 nuclear weapons (17000 Nukes exist now).
After 20-50% of our ozone is blown away:
- Drop in surface temperature
- Super heating of the stratosphere
- Blasting up of 500 Tg of black carbon into the air for 8.7 years (Tetra gram = 1 Golden Gate Bridge)
- Coldest temperatures in 1000 years.
- A global nuclear food crisis
- Increased exposure to nuclear radiation & fallout related cancers*
Read more here:
“Multidecadal global cooling and unprecedented ozone loss following a regional nuclear conflict”, http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/2013EF000205/full
*This was not mentioned in the study but the CTBTO link below. These diseases include leukemia & cancer of the thyroid, lung and breast that can take up to 40 years to develop.